How to Make Weed Edibles
If you are in Michigan, you are in luck. Cannabis edibles are Legal and you can make your favorite treat infused at home! Weed edibles are such a fun way to medicate with cannabis. They can also be an easy way to ingest THC, especially if you are new. If you are curious about making your own weed edibles at home, this article is here to help!
Ingredients to Make your own Weed Edibles
To make your own weed edibles, you need the following ingredients:
- Decarbed trim OR Dried Flower
- Cannabis Tincture
How to Make Weed Edibles from Concentrates
The first step to making edibles is to understand what a concentrate is. A concentrate is the most potent form of marijuana, and it comes in many forms. The most common type of concentrate is hash oil, which is made from the resin glands of the marijuana plant (terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids). Hash oil can also be created using solvents like butane or hexane.
But not all concentrates are made from dried cannabis flowers; some are produced directly from trimming material by chemical processes such as distillation or solvent extraction with CO2. These concentrates are called rosin and wax.
For more information Check our post: Cannabis Edible Concentrates and Extracts Explained
Decarboxylated Weed Trim & Dried flower
- Add finely ground marijuana buds or leaves (about 1 ounce) to a medium saucepan; add butter (2 sticks), then cover and cook on low heat until green buds are fully decarboxylated about 30 minutes.
- Strain out the plant matter using cheesecloth or a coffee filter; discard solids and set aside canna milk liquid in another bowl or container for later use as needed (this will be used for cooking).
- Pour cooked mixture over ice cube trays lined with parchment paper so that it freezes into cubes for easier measurement later on when you’re ready to use them again–then store them in an airtight container such as Tupperware until ready!
Cannabis tincture is a liquid extract of the cannabis plant. It is typically made by soaking the buds in alcohol and then straining out the plant matter. But you can also make it using trim instead of buds, and this will save you money because the trim is cheaper than buds.
Cannabis tincture can be made from fresh or dried cannabis. The process of making it with fresh material requires a bit more effort than if you use dry material because you have to dry your buds first (or use trim), but then only need to soak them in alcohol for a shorter period of time than if you had used dried material.
The resulting product contains high levels of cannabinoids, which are good sources of fat and calories that help regulate metabolism.
- Grind up your weed in a grinder or food processor until it’s very fine (but don’t grind down so much that there are no longer any seeds). You should end up with something like coarse flour or sand.
- Add this finely powdered bud along with other ingredients like butter or oil into your baked goods or smoothies.
Safety and storage
Cannabis edibles can be very dangerous to children and pets. If you are making cannabis edible make sure to know that ANYTHING that touches the cannabis will have some leftovers on it. That means potentially dosing up your family! Only make edibles with designated utensils
Also, after making edibles dispose of any leftovers immediately in a plastic ziplock bag and throw them away! DO NOT leave any food that isn’t clearly separate from your normal food.
This leads to the most important safety measure. ALWAYS label your edibles. As dosing can be quite hard I would label them as strong, medium-high, and large-high or, get them tested at your local testing lab. Don’t ever announce dosage as it is incredibly easy to mess up. Put this symbol on anything you make: Michigan THC SYMBOL.
Or you can buy the molds we have in our shop with the THC symbol right on them: Michigan THC SYMBOL SILICONE MOLDS
You don't have to buy pot edibles, you can make them yourself!
You don’t have to buy pot edibles, you can make them yourself! And the good news is that there are a bunch of different ways to do this.
Weed edibles are the perfect way to enjoy marijuana. You get all of the benefits of cannabis in a convenient and delicious form. The best part is that you don’t have to buy them at all: you can make your own! All you need is some weed, some butter or oil, and some time in the kitchen.